Keeping a mill in good order will, in the long run, save money on repairs. Our popular one-day course offers the chance to spend a valuable day in the company of some of hte UK's leading mill experts, gaining insight into how to maintain your mill using the correct methods and materials. All the speakers have many years of experience in either recording, repairing or milling in a mill, and delegates will be encouraged to discuss issues relating to their own mill, with speakers offering tailored advice.
The course will be held at Upminster Windmill, which is undergoing an extensive programme of repairs and so will provide the opportunity to see many parts and aspects of a mill that are not usually so visible.
You will learn about:
- Maintaining your mill in line with the Mill Section's philosophy of repair
- Recording work before and after a repair
- How to plan a project and where grants can be obtained
- Problems and solutions from an owner's perspective
- Maintenance techniques for working and non-working mills
Prices (including lunch and refreshments):
- £110 if booked by 31 January
When: Thursday 11 April
9.45am to 4.45pm
Upminster Windmill, The Mill Field, St. Marys Lane, Upminster RM14 2QL
Booking Terms & Conditions
Accessibility: please contact the SPAB before booking to discuss any special access requirements.