Keeping a mill in good order will, in the long run, save money on repairs. Our popular one-day course offers the chance to spend a valuable day in the company of some of the UK's leading mill experts, gaining insight into how to maintain a mill using the correct methods and materials. All the speakers have many years' experience of recording, repairing or operating a mill, including milling flour. Attendees will be encouraged to discuss issues relating to their own mill, with speakers offering tailored advice.
The course will be held at Upminster Windmill, on the eastern edge of London, which has been undergoing an extensive programme of repairs.
The course topics include:
- Maintaining a mill in line with the Mill Section's philosophy of repair
- Recording work before and after a repair
- How to plan a project and where grants can be obtained
- Problems and solutions from an owner's perspective
- Maintenance techniques for working and non-working mills
Prices (including lunch and refreshments):
- £110 if booked by 28 February
When: Thursday 24 April
9.45am to 4.45pm
Upminster Windmill, The Mill Field, St. Marys Lane, Upminster RM14 2QL
The venue is within walking distance of two underground/train stations.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Accessibility: please contact the SPAB before booking to discuss any special access requirements.