Held every spring and autumn in London, the SPAB’s popular lecture series offers three or four informal talks linked to an engaging historic building or conservation theme. Lectures are usually held on a weekday evening in Spitalfields and include a sociable drinks reception. Tickets are available on the door, but some lectures are very popular so it’s advisable to book in advance. Discounts are available for SPAB members.
Recent series included:
- Autumn 2017: Reach of hand, reach of soul - celebrating making
- Spring 2017: Work worth doing, the SPAB & craft skills
- Spring 2016: Handcrafted House: making beautiful places
- Autumn 2015: Everyday Magic: symbol, ritual and atmosphere
- Spring 2015: Philip Webb: celebrating the centenary of the SPAB’s co-founder