Beeleigh Steam and Watermills

Beeleigh Steam and Watermills

Watermill

The watermill was destroyed by fire in 1875 and never rebuilt. Some remains of the building have survived along with the adjacent 1875 steam mill. The steam mill building still contains the original Wentworth beam engine and gear and Elephant boiler, together with an impressive iron hurst frame which drove five pairs of millstones.

Location

Grid reference:

TQ 839 083

Town/city: Maldon
OS sheet:

168

Postcode: CM9 6LL
Geocode: @51.737246, 0.66129 Open in Map

About 1 mile west of Maldon, off the road to Woodham Walter, near Beeleigh Abbey. There is no parking at the mill and visitors are advised to park at the Museum of Power at Langford, Essex and walk to the mill, via Beeleigh Falls.

Contact

Name: Ms Gemma Clayton
Phone: 0345 603 7624

Opening Times:

National Mills Weekend (in May, see details below) and Heritage Open Weekend:

Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September, 11am to 4pm

Sunday 22 September, 11am to 4pm

See website for further details.
 

National Mills Weekend opening times:

Sunday 12th May, 11am to 4pm.

Additional Information:

beeleighmill.org.uk