The mill since it was first built about 1800 has been a lead slag mill, a wood turning mill, a saw mill and eventually a private house from about 1940. It is now Grade II listed and lies within the Derwent Valley World Heritage Site. The present mill has a working 16 foot diameter breastshot wheel and some remaining machinery from its last use as a sawmill.
SK 286 571
At Cromford, turn onto Water Lane (A5012) heading towards Newhaven/Via Gellia. After ¼ mile Slinter Cottage can be found on the left hand side just after Ball Eye Quarry and before UK Slipform Ltd. Note limited parking for cars at the mill.