Llanyrafon Watermill

Llanyrafon Watermill

Watermill

A 3-storey stone-built mill, which worked until 1951, and was damaged by fire subsequently. Now owned by Torfaen Council and under restoration by the Friends of Llanyrafon Mill. Has iron machinery and a small overshot waterwheel.

Location

Grid reference:

ST 303 946

Town/city: Cwmbran
OS sheet:

171

Postcode: NP44 8HP
Geocode: @51.652903, -3.0207941 Open in Map

In Llanyrafon Way, Cwmbran, Torfaen. Leave A4042 at Crown roundabout towards Cwmbran, on Llanfrechfa Way. Take 4th on R, then immediately L on to tarmac path to social club & mill car park.

Contact

Name: Mrs Marion Davies
Phone: 01633 482780

Opening Times:

Bank holiday Mondays, 14.00-17.00 or by appointment at other times.

National Mills Weekend opening times:

By prior appointment  Contact – Marion Davies, tel  01633-482780.  Email -  marmill@marmill321.plus.com

Free admission, but donations would be welcome.