The main ways you can help the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings are:
- By becoming a member and showing that you care about our built heritage.
- By remembering the Society in your will.
- By telling your friends and colleagues about the Society's courses, advice line and publications.
Whether you have a special interest in vernacular architecture, building materials, conservation techniques or simply a love and a sympathy for what our forebears have created, your support is vital in taking the work of the Society forward and letting our voice be heard, our knowledge used and our principles practised. Whether you are a building professional, a homeowner or simply a lover of old buildings, the SPAB will help your knowledge and understanding grow.
Membership of the SPAB entitles you to:
- Attend our programme of lectures and visits.
- Receive the SPAB Magazine four times a year.
- Information on our Regional Groups which operate in many areas and organise events and visits. (In some cases Regional Groups may make a small extra charge to cover their mailings.)
- A quarterly Properties List of old buildings for sale and in need of repair.
- An annual report.
- Participate in the activities of the Society and meet like-minded people.
- Know that you are helping to protect our national heritage of old buildings.