Pentre Mill, Loggerheads

Pentre Mill, Loggerheads

Watermill

Pentre Mill is grade 2 listed and was built in the mid-1700s. It is an overshot water-driven mill that has been both a flour mill and a sawmill at different stages during its working life. In the 1920s a dynamo was added to produce electricity for the local houses, but in the early 1940s milling stopped and the mill fell into disrepair. Following restoration, the mill was reopened in 1984.

Location

Grid reference:

SJ 1983 6267

Town/city: Mold
Postcode: CH7 5HL
Geocode: @53.154559, -3.200196 Open in Map

About 2 miles W of Mold on the A494, signposted Loggerheads Country Park

Contact

Do you own or look after this mill? Contact us

Opening Times:

April to October, daily, 10am to 5pm
October to March, daily, 10am to 4pm.

The wheel usually turns from October to April depending on the water level in the river. 

National Mills Weekend opening times:

Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th, 10am to 5pm.

Additional Information:

The mill has operated for over 300 years. In the early 1800s the mill only produced flour but in 1881 a saw pit was installed and the mill produced flour, cattle feed and sawn timber. Currently the mill is laid out as a flour mill, unfortunately it does not grind flour anymore but the wheel and main internal gearing still turn when there is enough water flow. 

Café (open daily), shop and information centre for the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB onsite .

Contact number for Loggerheads centre and shop: 01824 712738
www.clwydianrangeanddeevalleyaonb.org.uk
www.facebook.com/clwydianrangeanddeevalley