A 4-sailed tower mill, with an ogee cap, built in 1876 by William Hewitt. It worked regularly for 80 years until struck by lightning in 1956. Fully restored to working order by Frank Hewitt, great-grandson of William, in 1996. Awarded an SPAB plaque 1999. Display of photographs of the restoration, a Ruston & Hornsby oil engine and a Booth hammer mill. Sadly the sails were removed in 2011,...
SK 873 886
About 5 miles E of Gainsborough. Turn S off A631 Market Rasen road after Corringham, through Springthorpe towards Sturgate airfield, then R at two T-junctions.