A white post mill, first known on a map dated 1703 and in operation until 1912. The mill has many unusual features including an octagonal brick roundhouse and a fine collection of cast iron machinery. Some of the machinery in the body was driven by an external steam engine. Restoration is complete and milling is regularly carried out, stone-ground flour being available for sale at the mill. ...
TQ 321 163
About half mile north of Keymer, off B2116 Ockley Lane. Turn right at the left bend down Mill Lane, but no vehicles please: this is a private road and access to the mill is on foot only.