An 1820 stone-built former textile mill with an 1844 breastshot waterwheel with rim drive last used in 1946. Also a Tangye horizontal compound steam engine installed in 1904 and last used in 1956. Now turned by electricity.
Photograph © Ian Mackintosh under this ...
SO 886 021
Off A419, at E side of Chalford.
4th Sundays in June & August. Other times by appointment. No parking at the mill except for the disabled. See web site details of access and opening times.
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May, 11.00 - 18.00. No booking required. Admission free.
MILLS SECTION CONTACT PHONE: 020 7377 1644 EMAIL: email@example.com