A line of mill buildings up to 5 storeys high built between 1798 and 1855 as a woollen mill. Now mostly converted to flats, but the Stroudwater Textile Trust Visitor Centre at the north end includes an 1855 wheel driving working textile machinery. There are two other large overshot wheels and a small museum. Groups can be shown the two earlier waterwheels and a restored millpond by appointment...
SO 845 005
At Nailsworth, on E side of A46. Park at Egypt Mill and walk 1km down the cycle trail. No parking except disabled at Dunkirk mill.