How to order and payment options
- On-line by credit/debit card: Follow the instructions and order securely on-line. We accept the following cards [VISA / MASTERCARD / DELTA, VISA DEBIT & ELECTRON / SWITCH]
- By cheque & post: Download, print out and complete the appropriate order form. Then post it to us with your cheque (made payable to "SPAB"). Cheques or international money orders must be in Sterling and drawn on a UK bank.
- By credit/debit card & telephone: Call us on +44 (0) 207 377 1644 and we will take your order and card details over the telephone. (9.30am - 5.30pm GMT) This service is only available to book shop customers.
- By credit/debit card & post/fax: Print the completed order and either post or fax (0207 247 5296) it to us with your payment details.
- In person: by visiting 37 Spital Square, London E1 6DY, UK to purchase or order. The SPAB office is normally open Mon-Fri 9.30am-5.00pm but it is suggested that customers telephone in advance (particularly around holiday periods) to check opening times.
- By invoice: If you are a charitable or government organisation interested in placing a large book order or taking a number of places on a course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 207 377 1644 about invoicing arrangements.
Note that publications are zero-rated for VAT, and SPAB courses are VAT exempt
EU VAT Customer Notice
Customers from EU Member States who have selected VATable items with their order, will be charged VAT at the UK Standard Rate of 17.5%. If you are outside the UK and registered for VAT, to ensure you are not charged VAT, please place your order by post, fax or telephone (+44 (0) 207 377 1644), stating your VAT Registration Number. The SPAB's VAT number is 577 4276 02 Please note this does not apply to UK customers, or EU customers who are not registered for VAT.
How secure is payment?
SPAB uses the SECPay system SECPay is now part of PayPoint.net
SECPay information for customers buying on the web.
Shopping using a card has now become an accepted way to pay for goods or services. We are all comfortable with handing our card to a shop assistant or waiter, or giving our card details to someone on the other end of the telephone.
For many people however putting card details into a web site is still uncomfortable, as we are not sure what is happening to the information we are submitting or where it is going.
When you shop with a merchant who uses SECPay you can be assured that your card details are securely encrypted during transport over the Internet so no one can read your card information. The card details are only transported to a Bank to authorise your purchase.
SECPay guarantees that we will never:
- Pass on your financial details
- Pass on any personal information gathered when you place an order
- Sell or rent your details, you will never receive junk mail as a result of using SECPay
- Leave invasive technologies such as cookies on your machine
- Exploit your details in any way
If you feel at all uneasy about on-line payment, there are alternative payment methods (see above).
Terms & Conditions
How our goods are delivered
On-line payment will be taken immediately. SPAB will normally dispatch publication orders, first membership pack or confirm course bookings within 14 days, but within 28 days at the latest. However, some publications will only be available by special order and may take longer.
If we are unable to supply publications within 28 days, the customer will be informed and advised of the amended date, with the opportunity of claiming a full refund.
Post & Packing Charges
A UK postage and packing charge is added to each item where specified. Goods are sent second class or parcel rate.
An additional postage and packing charge is applied to overseas bookshop orders. The rates are £2.50 for Europe and £10.00 for the rest of the world. This charge remains the same regardless of the number of items purchased.
Receipt of each order will be confirmed by an email [from SecPay], immediately after the order is placed. No other action is required by the customer, unless amendment or cancellation of the order is to be requested. If you do wish to amend your order or booking simply email us at the address on your order form or call + 44 (0) 207 377 1644.
Course booking confirmation
SPAB courses are designed for different levels of expertise or occasionally for specialist groups. If you have any doubts about a particular course being appropriate, please ring the Courses Officer at SPAB.
On receipt of the order and fee SPAB will confirm every booking in writing within 14 days. If a course is already fully booked, SPAB will refund payment in full.
For delegates attending the Six-day Course on the Repair of Old Buildings who have paid the deposit of £100, the full balance is due no later than four weeks before the start of the course, after which the place may be offered to another delegate.
Cancellations & Returns
Cancelling bookshop orders
Customers may cancel their order at any time before dispatch or within the first 7 days after they have received it. If goods have been dispatched, the customer will then be refunded the price of the goods ordered, less the cost of postage and packing. The refund will be made as soon as possible after the customer cancels, but within 28 days at the latest. Any notification of a wish to cancel an order must be made in writing, by letter, fax or email.
Cancelling course bookings
Not all courses have the same cancellation policy. Please check the details for each course. For most courses refunds will not be made if a booking is cancelled less than two weeks before the date of the course.
Different terms apply for the Six-day Course on the Repair of Old Buildings. A booking is only confirmed on receipt of a non-refundable deposit of £100 or the full fee. The balance is due no later than four weeks before the start of the course after which the place may be offered to another delegate. No refunds will be made for bookings cancelled after that date. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
Returns and Refunds for Damaged, Incomplete or Incorrect Orders
In the event that customers wish to return goods which are damaged, incomplete (e.g. missing pages from a book), or incorrect, a complete refund for the goods and the post & packing costs will be provided. The goods should be returned (with original packaging if possible, along with reasons for return) to:
37 Spital Square
The Society will make every effort to correct any mistakes in bills, receipts or payments as soon as possible, but at the latest within 28 days of agreeing to do so. Any complaints should be addressed to:
37 Spital Square
Privacy and data protection
SPAB promise that any information you give will be used for the purposes of the SPAB only.
We may occasionally send you information about products and services developed by third parties in association with the SPAB.
If you wish to opt out of particular types of mailing in the future, please call us on +44 (0)207 377 1644, write to us or send an email to email@example.com
giving your full name and postcode.