If none of our current courses meet your training needs, the SPAB are also able to design tailor-made courses for external organisations. Typically, these have covered a range of introductory topics around building conservation and repair, but we are also able to arrange hands-on courses or more detailed technical seminars. Popular topics include; dating old buildings, common defects and repairs, building maintenance, introduction to traditional crafts (e.g. lime plastering, timber framing, stone masonry, brickwork etc), treating damp, and improving energy efficiency.
We have run a series of courses for Townscape Heritage Initiative projects in various locations across the country and can now offer the maintenance training courses originally developed for the award winning Faith in Maintenance project. A few examples of the course programmes are available below to give you an idea of the type of event that we can provide.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of arranging a course or event for your local organisation or interest group, please contact the Education Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can provide us with answers to the questions below that will help us respond to your request promptly.
1. What topics would you like to see covered in your event?
2. What level of audience will your course aimed at i.e. professionals, craftspeople, amateurs etc.?
3. Do you have a date in mind or an idea of when you are aiming to hold your event?
4. What length of course do you have in mind for your event i.e. a full day/an evening etc?
5. Where in the country will your course be held?
5. What resources will you provide for the event i.e. venue, catering, IT equipment etc.?
6. What is your budget for your event?